Job Title: Scheduling
Department: Production Planning
Reports To: Manager, Production Planning
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Customary Days: Monday through Friday
The Scheduler is responsible for working with the Master Scheduler, Production Managers, Supply Chain Management, Material Planning, and Warehousing to coordinate and manage production jobs based oncustomer requirements.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Generate production shortage report, get feedback, and update reports daily.
- Use the shortage detail to drive schedule updates.
- Drive expediting activities to meet projected shortages.
- Assist in job creation activities
- Compile and distribute data for other departments as requested
- Gather data for metrics reporting and update charts
Job Requirements, Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering, Accounting or a related field.
- 2 to 4 years’ experience in a related field; production planning or scheduling experience preferred.
- Proficiency with ERP systems; Vantage or Epicor preferred.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and advanced Excel skills including functions: Vlookups, pivot tables and macros.
- Demonstrated experience creating and maintaining data analysis reports.
- Ability to support a team as well as function independently.
- Must be self-directed and motivated.
- Ability to manage multiple detail oriented tasks while working under tight deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- Specific vision requirements include the ability to see at close range.
- At times, may require more than 40 hours per week to perform the essential duties of the position.
- Fine hand manipulation (keyboarding).
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Internal office space.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.