Job Title: Staff Accountant
Reports To: Director of Finance
FLSA Status: Exempt
Customary Days: Monday through Friday
The Staff Accountant is responsible for serving as a business partner with our internal customers to provide financial expertise in the areas of accounting and finance.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare and document journal entries for the monthly general ledger close.
- Review and reconcile general ledger accounts.
- Prepare sales analysis data to be used for public filings and press releases.
- Communicate expense information to internal departments.
- Responsible for Accounting of company’s Mastertrak product.
- Interface with internal and external auditors; provide clarification on those items requiring additional support.
- Interface with internal customers and assist them with inquires.
Job Requirements, Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- 1-3 years of public accounting experience required.
- Knowledge of GAAP and SEC.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, advance Excel skills including functions Vlookups, pivot tables and macros.
- Strong analytical skills, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to organize large amounts of data.
- Communicate effectively in both verbally and in written form.
- Ability to collaborate within all levels of the organization.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit; use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Specific vision requirements include the ability to see at close range.
- At times, may require more than 40 hours per week to perform the essential duties of the position.
- Fine hand manipulation (keyboarding).
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Internal office space.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low.