The Future of Cleantech Power Solutions
Power Solutions International (PSI) is a leading cleantech manufacturer and supplier of industrial and on-road engine and power solutions. PSI provides integrated, turnkey power solutions to original equipment manufacturers in the industrial, construction, agricultural, and on-road markets and offers a complete line of fuel-flexible, low-emission engines ranging from .97 liters to 22 liters of displacement.
More than just an engine supplier, PSI designs, engineers and manufactures complete, drop-in power solutions tailored to our customers applications.
A number of strengths set PSI apart from other engine suppliers:
- Lean manufacturing and stringent quality controls provide PSI’s customers with the highest-quality engines at the lowest cost
- Emission compliance A wide selection of PSI’s engines are certified for mobile, stationary and on-highway applications across multiple fuel types
- Purpose-built products Market-driven designs means better performance and better integration with our customers equipment
- Complete engine lineup plus value added solutions make PSI a single-source supplier, reducing cost and complexity
- Drop-in assembly solutions include engine-matched cooling packages, fuel systems, air handling, hydraulics, and electrics all offered at a fraction of the cost, thanks to PSI’s global purchasing power
- Value-added solutions Design & testing services, packaging, parts solutions, telematics, and certification solutions reduce hassle and costs for PSI’s customers
- Flexible assembly lines and multi-shift production allow PSI to easily adapt to unexpected changes in demand for our customers products
- Efficient inline test cells support specialized product testing when required by the customer or the application and allows for expedient corrective actions in response to monitored alerts
- Specialized scheduling and release systems help PSI’s customers achieve inventory-reduction goals of 40% and higher
- Strong warranty, service, and aftermarket support
We Give You Options
Sourcing engines is a complicated business. Application workloads differ, and often require completely different components with complex assemblies. Buying engines isn’t only about power and torque it’s about value, performance, and reliability. And the engine industry doesn’t make it easy. An automotive bias and poor application support leaves equipment manufacturers to fend for themselves. Wouldn’t it be nice to find powertrains built for your product instead of the other way around?
At PSI, building custom power systems is what we are all about. We transform engines into ruggedized power systems ideally suited to their end-application use. Fuel-flexibility and efficiency, weight, ruggedization of high-use components all result from well-thought decisions made by our application-savvy engineers, in conjunction with our customers.
And PSI’s global-scale purchasing power allows us to provide high-performance, cost-competitive cooling packages, fuel systems, and other components. In-house design services, in-line testing, emissions certification, and other value-added options make PSI a single-source solution for all of your powertrain needs.
See all of what PSI has to offer here.
The more manufacturing progresses globally, the more we learn about what can go wrong, and how to do it right. But many manufacturers are slow to incorporate this knowledge, clinging to inefficient methods and dated, proprietary technologies.
PSI is different. We know that lean manufacturing and proven workflow systems lead to the highest engine quality at the lowest cost to our customers, so we embrace these wisdoms. PSI’s quality systems including Six Sigma, ISO 9001:2008, and 5S to name a few, guide the management of our 400,000+ square foot manufacturing, engineering, assembly and distribution space.
And our open-architecture methodology makes PSI engines a better value because of the flexibility it affords. While some engine suppliers use only proprietary technologies in their products, PSI licenses the latest technology innovations to make high-performing power systems that are more efficient and effective than their conventional counterparts. We favor fuel-flexible, platform-agnostic designs that are amenable to future upgrades and adaptations. This gives our customers the best technology available today with the flexibility for future enhancements and unrestricted scalability and growth.
We also utilize best practices for production to keep quality and flexibility high while keeping waste low, allowing us to maintain value prices for our customers. Flexible assembly lines and labor schedules allow us to expand or streamline at will to meet demand. Coordinated assembly lines make in-line testing easy for evaluating and maintaining product quality. And our specialized schedule and release systems integrate with Just-In-Time, Kanban and designated pull systems to support inventory reduction goals.
PSI is Powering a Greener Future
The world is changing. Traditional-fuel prices are becoming volatile, emission regulations are more stringent every day, and equipment manufacturers are being forced to adapt. We make adapting easy with fuel-flexible, emission-certified engines to meet the demands of every application. PSI is one of the largest providers of industrial gas and alternative fuel engines in North America and has over 20 years of experience serving emission control system solutions.
Our engines are emission certified for all fuels and are available in Gasoline, Natural Gas (NG), Liquid Propane (LP), and Dual Fuel. All certified engines can be delivered as drop-in power systems, complete with cooling and fuel components, air handling, hydraulics, electrics, packaging, and telematics.
PSI incorporates the newest clean technologies to deliver the best performance-to-fuel ratio at the lowest long-range cost. Whether you are dealing with EPA regulations for Small Off-Road, Large Spark Ignited engines or On-Highway Certification, PSI has a solution.